It's no secret that we are committed to the DIY ethos around here but every once in awhile, it's worth it to get some help in and expedite the process - and today was one of those days. At last count, we've tiled two bathrooms, including the large master bath, the kitchen backsplash, and are working on the fireplace surround...and I think our work is quite good if I may say so myself (I'm also using the word "our" rather liberally). But we tend to work on tiling in shifts, instead of straight through, and estimated that it would take us at least a couple weekends plus some evenings to knock out the two full baths that remain. Instead, we had two experienced tilers in today to help and they started and finished both tub surrounds in one day. For the first floor bathroom, we used a white 2 x 4 subway tile in a brick pattern with an accent strip about 2/3 of the way up the wall. For the basement bath, we used a 6 x 9 Daltile ceramic in briton bone, also laid in a brick pattern. While they were at work, we installed several more interior doors and trimmed out the exterior of the front door. So all in all, it was an extremely productive day!
|First floor bathroom in progress|
|Basement bathroom in progress|
|First floor bathroom, ready for grout|
|More first floor bathroom|
|And yet another of the first floor bath|
|Basement bath, ready for grout|
|And one more photo of the basement bath|