Sunday, August 21, 2011
Saturday was a busy day - we got up early and picked up a cargo van so we could buy a whole mess of lumber (see below for why), a bathtub for the second upstairs bath, and other assorted bulky items. Then we spent the rest of the day finishing the exterior trim on six first floor windows, a task made much easier by one of our new toys, the Kreg jig. Using the jig, we drilled pocket holes in the trim pieces and then screwed them together to make picture frame window trim. Because we're working with old brick window openings, we also had to add trim pieces to level the windows before we could put the frames on. It took the entire afternoon to do all six windows but now all the windows that are exposed to the weather are finished and caulked - a nice feeling given all the thunderstorms we've been getting lately.