We started with a blank canvas - just your basic room here. The later pictures get a lot better as we finally bought a little attachment to turn an iPhone camera into a wide angle lens, which makes it much easier to photograph rooms like this. But for now, this will have to do. Nothing to see here but blank white walls anyway!
We knew we wanted to use a very dark gray trim so up went the paint swatches:
|These are (from left to right): Restoration Hardware Flint, Glidden Gray Tabby, Behr Dark Ash, and Behr Asphalt Gray - they all look really similar to each other but we ultimately went with the most black/gray, which was Behr Asphalt Gray|
|No going back now!|
|This is suddenly a very dark room|
|Two down, many to go|
|Getting all the boxes in place and starting to space them out|
|This is a lot of trim|
|We'll be busy for the next few months!|
|Setting up a painting station for trim|
|Now that's the right color!|
|With top and bottom trim|
|And now with sides|
|Using the wide angle lens|
|Trim in place|
Next up was adding the shelves and drawers. We forgot to take pictures before we moved all our stuff in so...this will have to do! We went with a mix of hanging spaces, drawers, and shelves and it has increased our storage space dramatically. Since it's one of the few closets we have finished so far, it's stuffed with lots of stuff that might not otherwise be in the master closet, but happily, everything still fit. It's a huge improvement and we're really happy to have this project nearly finished.