House

House

Thursday, January 18, 2018

Master bedroom finishes

This is a seriously overdue post - I thought that I had put this post up months ago until I went looking for a paint color, couldn't find it, and got irritated at my own blog neglect.  So here it is now, after much searching (and frustration) to find said paint color.  New Year's resolution - document paint colors in a timely fashion before I forget them!

But, before we painted, we decided to trim out one of the walls before we finished it to provide an accent.  We went back to an old trick and ripped floor trim to create the wainscoting on the wall before painting everything.  It turned out really well and, since this post is nearly a year late, I can report that we're still very happy with the detail and the color.

Getting the wainscoting in place, with all the furniture piled in the middle of the room

And setting up to paint

Painting in progress!

First coat on!  The color is Sherwin-Williams Knitting Needles.  KNITTING NEEDLES.  May I never forget.  

And done!  Time to move everything back.  If we remember, we'll update with a current "after" photo at some point!

No comments:

Post a Comment