House

House

Thursday, January 11, 2018

A place for everything

One of my favorite sayings is "a place for everything and everything in its place."  That's not to imply that I actually put things in their place (Brian is laughing right now as I am by far the messier of the two of us), but it is something that I aspire to.  And after living with our mudroom in our last house, I have a deep and abiding appreciation for being able to walk in and put a coat on a hook, shoes under a bench, and gloves in a basket.  We aren't quite there yet on this house, but we're getting a lot closer!

We used similar dimensions for this bench as the last one but made it slightly wider and a little chunkier all around (if I get motivated, I'll come back and update this post with actual dimensions).  We also have five cubbies instead of four...and I'm embarrassed to report that the two of us managed to fill up all five cubbies almost overnight.  Maybe next time we'll build six!


Just a room at the moment

Getting started with the bench

Bench in place, starting the cubbies

And now with top shelves

This is looking more built-in now

Almost done!  Still need crown, plus putty and paint, hooks and baskets, but it's getting there!


No comments:

Post a Comment