House

House

Friday, December 5, 2014

Will stop for rain

The roof is pretty much completely off. No turning back now! Unfortunately we hit some bad weather today and more planned for tomorrow so we are in pause mode. The plan is to have the second floor framed out by next week and then the new roof a couple more weeks after that. Hopefully by Christmas we will be dried in again. This is the point in the project that we knew would be a pain in the ass. I'm taking hourly trips upstairs to check on the plastic fort I built. So far so good for keep our basement ceiling dry. Most of the basement has a drywall ceiling so I think we'll be protected no matter what, but I wouldn't be surprised to spring a few leaks if the rain gets heavy enough. So far it's just been sprinkling on and off. If I was a betting man I'd bet that around 3am is when the rain will be the heaviest. Least it's the weekend!

I think Tom Hanks said it best in The Money Pit - home crap home. 









No comments:

Post a Comment