Saturday, March 26, 2011


We replaced one of our old windows today. I was hoping to be able to reuse the old frames, but ended up having to take everything out and build a new smaller frame outside where the original frame was. The brick opening wasn't the same on the outside as the inside so we ended up pushing the window 4 inches further out than where the old ones were to make the new window fit. But it looks a lot better with more depth on the inside. We're going to spray foam around the opening and then build new trim to finish it. I think we're going to do something more arts and crafts style for the trim, but haven't decided just yet. So it's staying untrimmed for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment