We're also very nearly finished with the floor trim in the basement, which has to be complete before the carpet guys arrive later this month. One of the more time-consuming projects has been finishing the trim on the staircase. Since we started with typical, unsightly open basement stairs, we've had to put a good deal of work into transforming them into a proper finished staircase. One of last weekend's projects was putting the trim in. We found pre-primed 16' x 8" pine boards that turned out to be just perfect. Brian then boxed out the open staircase at the bottom and now all we need to do is add a little piece on top of the side trim and we'll be all set.
Finally, we're still moving forward with tile and grout - basement bathroom is grouted on the walls and tiles are on the floor. There's a lot left to do before we get to any proper "after" pictures but we're making progress.
On to the pictures...
|First, a before picture of the stairs|
|And after...almost ready for carpet|
|Just one of the many (and one of the smallest) doors we've installed and trimmed recently|
|More basement doors, installed and trimmed|
|Very dusty floor tile in the basement bathroom, ready for grout|